Monday, January 23, 2012

The Ball and The Chain

Zara Dress and Express Necklace 
Zara Shoes



The snowball formal, attended by a measly 23 people, was nothing more then an opportunity to dress up and get down on the dance floor. As Kate Spade says "playing dress up begins at age five and never truly ends". This dance was no exception. However the journey for the perfect dress,  per usual was filled with hiccups. It all began when I saw "the dress" on Pinterest. For those of you who don't know Pinterest is a website that enables you to create a virtual bulletin board and share what inspires you with millions of other "pinners".  So there I was repinning photos of lemon riccota pancakes and pugs to my boards when I saw it, THE DRESS. It's top was covered with shimmering gold sequins, below a skirt of black cotton erupted from the tight upper bodice, and an exposed zipper at the back truly "sealed the deal". After spending an hour prowling the internet for the source of this creation I came upon SABO SKIRT. I preceded to jubilantly search for the dress of my dreams, only to be informed that this company was based out of Australia and my order could not arrive in fewer then 10 days…. Snowball was five days away. All hope seemed lost until I decided to roll the dice and order it, hoping that some heavenly force would intervene and it would arrive Saturday morning before the dance. No such luck occurred and I am still waiting for it to arrive. Anyway, instead I donned this classy number above, a black mini with long shear sleeves. I adorned it with my current favsie…a dog collar necklace (who let the dogs out?) and cheetah pumps. Even without THE DRESS the night was full of techno remixes, blinding strobe lights, and jollification.

No comments:

Post a Comment